I had been wanting to write this post for a while now. I had received a few queries about how I keep myself inspired everyday. I am a (mostly) positive person and focus on good things in life. Like the rest of the world, I have faced challenges and fought with my demons. There are times when I lose my will to fight making me fall into the trap of negativity. I am mature enough to my triggers and the various ways to get myself up again. Here are a few ways I have adopted over the last three years to inspire myself regularly:
- Inspirational Books. I started reading books in my leisure time very late in life (18 years of age). I used to read novels and I was drawn to dramatic and romantic stuff. I have inculcated a habit of reading a few pages from an inspirational book everyday in addition to any other serious material I read. The small doses are efficient enough to keep me motivated. I have a small collection of motivational books and tapes by various famous authors. Chicken Soup books are my absolute favorite!
- Inspirational Personalities. There are a lot of famous people out there in the public who live exceptional lives. I love Jack Canfield, Oprah, Bob Proctor, and Anthony (Tony) Robbins amongst others. These people publish the best motivational stuff everyday on their Pages and Websites. I got my Mojo back after reading a specific status update by Mr. Canfield. It went something like: How many things do you need to complete, dump or delegate before you can move on and bring new activity, abundance, relationships and excitement into your life? Make a list and then write down how you’ll complete each task. I finished 17 of my 25 tasks in two days. Note to self: Write this on a paper and paste near the desk.
- Inspirational Quotes. I have bookmarked a few of my favorite websites which house an insane amount of Inspirational Quotes on various topics. You can find quotes on any topic ranging from time, change, defeat, power, success, failure, life, death etc. A few minutes of browsing and I am done for the day!
- Newsletters and emails. A lot of websites offer a service where you can subscribe to them and receive their newsletters. I have signed up with Oprah’s website, Chicken Soup and The Secret. There are many others but this combination really works for me. I love reading Chicken Soup books (I have said it a million times before) so I would be stupid to turn down receiving a new story everyday from the Chicken Soup website. The Secret scrolls are monthly reminders for me to be mindful of my thoughts. And do I even need to state how amazing Oprah’s website is? There are quotes, interviews, books, advice, money, food, fashion. Something for everyone! And if you don’t have time, you can simply delete it.
- Videos and Slideshows. There are plenty of awesome slideshows and videos on YouTube. I started searching for Inspirational videos on YouTube when I started Reiki. I would play it and do my Reiki, I believed it gave me double benefit. There are plenty of stories of personal transformations which will inspire the heck out of you (haha!).
- Life. Find inspiration in nature, in art, children and your friends and family. Inspiration is everywhere around us. Keep a journal to capture these things and refer to it when you are feeling low. I collect quotes and poems in my journal. Some of them have come from bookmarks!
You’ll be surprised by the amount of Inspiration that is present in our world when you start looking for it! I adore Oprah!
Seek and You shall Find I hope you find this information helpful. Disclaimer: The examples given here are just for demonstration purposes. I am not compelling anyone to follow a particular person. Use your own judgment and find the people/websites that suit your needs.