I am a reader, I have always been. And I prefer books over any other source of entertainment so when I and Sfurti (my cohost for PADE) were coming up with theme ideas, I didn’t know why but I wanted to do something on books. Luckily she felt the same the way.
I believe reading books can make us a better person, we grow with every book we read. It is up to us to choose what we read and hence who we become. It might be one of reasons I read more non-fiction than fiction! Ernest Hemingway might have been thinking on the same lines when he wrote: There is no friend as loyal as a book.
This is just a small part of my book collection here in Seoul, I have a better collection back home in India.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Photography perspective: I didn’t think clicking a photo of my raggedy bookcase would look very good on the blog so I just arranged a few of my favorite books as a staircase to present each book as a stepping stone to a ‘new me’. I placed the camera at the base of the table to add a bit of interest to the image.
The doll signifies the person I’ve become and the flower (lotus lantern) is just for some color and variety!
I hope you liked my interpretation of “Books”. Please share your take on this theme. You can also check out all things PADE, including previous PADE entries, on my PADE page.
Stay tuned to find out the Shutterbug for PADE Day 1!
How to Participate
1. In a post meant for this photography challenge, present a photo (fresh or archived) that means “Books” to you.
2. Name the post ”PADE Day 2 – Books”.
3. Include a link to this post in your blogpost and enter the link of your post in the inlinkz tool below. (Links can be added till 31st July 2013)
4. Subscribe for posts and updates about the upcoming PADE themes and posts.
5. The theme for tomorrow is Candle.
Weekly Photo Challenge related articles:
- Weekly photo challenge : companionable | Time To Be Inspired
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable | Rainbow Bakery
- Photo Project: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 26, ‘Companion’]. | 3rdculturechildren
- Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: C ompaniable (Pétanque) | What’s (in) the picture
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable | Alastair’s Blog