A Candle does not just come in handy when there’s a power cut, it stands for much more. A candle represents faith when lit in a religious institution, it stands for peace when carried in hand for a procession, it evokes fear when associated with supernatural beings, it embodies romance when placed on a dinner table and brings out celebration when placed on a birthday cake.
But most of all, a candle represents HOPE – Hope of a brighter future despite the apparent darkness in the present.
It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Photography perspective: I clicked these photos with my DSLR – Nikon D7100. It is just “place subject in the center, focus and click” photo. I edited the photos in Picasa to polish them a little and bring out the subject more.
I hope you liked my interpretation of “Candle”. You can also check out all things PADE, including previous PADE entries, on my PADE page. Please share your take on this theme. Also check out other entries for more PADE fun!
Stay tuned to find out the Shutterbug for PADE Day 2!
How to Participate
1. In a post meant for this photography challenge, present a photo (fresh or archived) that reoresents “Candle”.
2. Name the post ”PADE Day 3 – Candle”.
3. Include a link to this post in your blogpost and enter the link of your post in the inlinkz tool below. (Links can be added till 31st July 2013)
4. Subscribe for posts and updates about the upcoming PADE themes and posts.
5. The theme for tomorrow is Distance.