There are books and then there are books. There are ones that speak to our soul, the ones that make us finally come out of our shells and take actions to make our dreams come true. But then there are those that give us hope and make us in believe in ourselves, and let go of all apprehensions and fears! In short books can change we are, of course it does not always happen at a subtle level, we need to accept and act on the advice. One of the books that is changing my life, note the present continuous tense, because I am referring to it daily to fully absorb the wisdom of the words contained in this book.
Book: The Magic of Thinking Big
Author: David J. Schwartz
Price: 450 INR
I have a huge collection of inspirational books in my home and I am always in search of new ones to read. So one day I was searching for a book that changed people’s lives and a few people had mentioned this book. I ordered it on Flipkart instantly. It arrived 3 days later and I could not put it down once I started reading!
Just to tell you how much this book has impacted my life, let me tell you that I am from a middle class family, married to someone from the same class. No one has ever taught us to dream higher than what we think is possible. In fact our families are one of those who dread aiming too high to save from heartbreaks and disappointments. I also picked up the same thinking about dreams.
My belief for long time was that goals are what we set (and they should always be achievable) and dreams are what we just dream about, something that will never happen unless a miracle occurs. And yeah, I was not a huge believer in miracles either.
This book has taught me that I do anything I want. I can dream as high as I want and strive to realize them.
What a relief!
Honestly, I feel so much better knowing that nothing is off limits, even the life of my dreams. The Magic of Thinking Big was written decades ago and must have changed many lives and I am so thankful that I am one of them.
It is my pleasure to share a few gems from the book including Inspirational Quotes!
1. Believe big. The size of your success is determined by the size of you belief.
2. One may get a little sympathy but one doesn’t get respect and loyalty by being a chronic complainer.
3. The thinking that guides your intelligence is much more important than how much intelligence you may have.
4. Instead of thinking – I should have started years ago – start thinking,”I’m going to start now, my best years are ahead of me.”
5. When you believe something is impossible, your mind goes to work for you to prove why. But when you believe, really believe, something can be done, your mind goes to work for you and helps you find ways to do it.
6. Others see in us what we see in ourselves. We receive the kind of treatment we think we deserve.
7. It isn’t so much what you know when you start that matters. It’s what you learn and put to use after you open your doors that counts most.
There are many more motivational quotes in the book but I would leave that for you to read and find out. All I can say is that this of one of the books you want to buy and read if you are into inspirational, self-help, motivational books! I highly recommend “The Magic of Thinking Big – Set your goals high…then exceed them” to anyone who wants to grow by leaps and bounds in life. People who have big dreams!
Have you read “The Magic of Thinking Big”? Which are your favorite books?