Last month I got to learn a few tricks about taking pictures with a DSLR using my friend’s camera. Here are a couple of pictures I clicked by changing the focus. Blurring Background Vs. Blurring the subject.
I have decided to share my experiments with the DSLR for this Weekly Photo Challenge (Share a picture that says “In the Background”). My love for flowers especially Cherry Blossoms has been documented here quite extensively on this blog so it may not come as a surprise to my readers that I chose Magnolias to start with.
Blurring the background (Auto-focus)
The main entry for this challenge (Blurring the subject and partially focusing on the Background -> Manual Focus)
After gathering a few tricks using my friend’s camera, we finally bought a new DSLR recently and I have been loving taking pictures from it. The quality of pictures especially at night just astonishes me. This is my first DSLR (Nikon D7100) and there is a lot to learn. I’m looking forward to learning a lot from fellow Photographers (Photobloggers!).
I hope you enjoyed reading post.
Related posts by fellow bloggers:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background | Marsha Lee
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background | Imperfect Happiness
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background | Traveller soul
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background | Across the Bored
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (Next) | What’s (in) the picture?